Prior to participating in the TAP IN All-Inclusive Workouts with us, you must agree to the following:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY & PHOTO USE
READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in the activity of fitness organized by The Ability Project, of 300 W 5th St. Apt 319, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202 and/or use of the property, facilities and services of The Ability Project, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
- AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by The Ability Project, or the employees, representatives or agents of The Ability Project.
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge The Ability Project for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of The Ability Project, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, The Ability Project or other third parties.
- INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend The Ability Project against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of The Ability Project.
- FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of The Ability Project caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my family.
- CONSENT. I consent to the participation of my minor in the activity of fitness, and agree on behalf of the above minor to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By checking this box, I represent that I have legal authority over and custody of the minor.
- APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under North Carolina law.
- NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that The Ability Project has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
- ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm's length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
- ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is not successful in resolving the entire dispute or is unavailable, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
Photo Use Release
I hereby grant and authorize The Ability Project to take, edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, distribute and make use of any and all pictures or videos taken of me to be used in and/or for legally promotional materials. This authorization extends to all languages, media formats and markets. This authorization shall continue indefinitely, unless I otherwise revoke said authorization in writing.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY CHECKING THE BOX, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.